What to Expect in a JNRG Reiki Session
Reiki therapy is based on an Eastern belief that vital energy flows through your body. The idea is that a Reiki practitioner uses gentle touch, or places their hands just above your body, to help guide this energy in a way that promotes balance and healing. During the session, we will work through Physical, Emotional and Spiritual fields for the client.
Energy healing targets the flow of energy and removes blocks in a similar way to acupuncture or acupressure. Improving the flow of energy in and around the body, said practitioners, can enable relaxation, reduce pain, speed healing, and reduce other symptoms of illness.
Each session begins with a guided meditation, body scan and then energy treatment areas. During each session your energy leaks are also assessed and repaired. Post session, clients are given suggestions to assist their healing process.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Standard JNRG Reiki sessions will last a maximum of 60 minutes. Combination sessions of both Reiki and Crystal healing typically last 90 minutes.
- You will be laying down horizontal for the entire session and have your eyes covered. You can use a blindfold or just a simple cloth over your eyes. If this is uncomfortable for you, we can make adjustments.
- My Reiki technique is a combination of both hands on and hands above treatments. If you prefer a completely hands off treatment that is totally fine.
- All sessions begin with a specific guided meditation that is part of The Usui System of Reiki Healing. During your initial intake, prior to the appointment, I gather information that allows me to create a meditation unique to your experience.
- Gentle music will play throughout the session. For clients with sensory sensitivities, we can always exclude music from the session.
- During the session, we suggest limiting conversation, as I will be guiding you through the healing, meditation and chakra balancing. While I would love to converse, it will impede your benefits. But, if at any point you feel pain or any level of discomfort, please communicate that right away. While this is uncommon, I want to be sure you are always comfortable.
- The reiki session is a three step process:
- Body Scan
- Chakra Balancing and Treatment
- Energy Cleansing
- After the session, we will review your treatment and at-home suggestions and follow up.
How to Prepare:
12-24 Hours Before: Try not to consume caffeine, chocolate or alcohol. Hydrate with lots of water before the session and have plenty of water handy for after the session.
24-48 Hours After: Hydrate, hydrate hydrate! You may be tired and possibly a bit 'woozy' after, this is typical as we are going to charge and heal multiple energetic fields on your body. We are also working with charged crystals which will impact your energy fields (in a positive way).
AFTER THE SESSION:
After the session, you’ll be able to access your practitioner notes and any prescriptive crystal and chakra work for you to do after if you feel compelled. JNRG will email you 48 hours after your session to check in. We can also do a phone call if you need additional communication.
DURING THE SESSION:
If you experience any rush of emotion, crying, laughing, smiling, etc - do not worry, this is very common. Allow yourself to release in any way you need! If you fall asleep - that is ok too! Also very common. It does not impact the level of healing you receive. This is a very calming process, so many clients will fall asleep.
Reiki sessions are truly a unique experience. The energetic release is something that anyone can benefit from. My personal experience started when using Reiki in combination with other holistic health outlets for physical pain, and transformed into a practice that supports me physically, emotionally and mentally. It has become such a positive part of my life and is why I eal each JNRG candle with Reiki energy. I encourage you to take the next step in your healing journey with Reiki when you feel ready!